Fall back into school #backtoschoolwithtasha09:04
Hello dear BeYOUties! - that's my new name for you xx A few more weeks and even days for some until school starts so I decided to do my first 2 DIYs for you guys! But before we start can we just take a moment to realise that my title of this post is actually a very clever one seeing as though is says "fall" meaning autumn and "fall" also meaning going back, I'm very proud of my little pun and if you noticed that anyway, then well done you!
Anyway, enough of me nattering and let's get started.
My first diy are these cute monster munchers. They act as a page marker/bookmark when revising or reading and quite frankly look like they're going to eat your page! Ever in need of a little pick me up when you're yawning at school,work or university and wondering when the hell your revising or day is gonna finish ? Then these easy to make monster munchers are perfect for making you smile. If you also notice the bottom right picture, they are double-sided for those days when you want a prettier page marker, clever huh!
-envelope (any size) smaller one may be best though.
-plain white paper
-2 objects to trace round ( you can use your glue for tracing round for the white bit of the eyes)
-circular stickers (not too big)
-Other stickers of your choice
Here is a little collage for you visual learners but for you's that prefer it in writing, here's some snappy instructions:
1) find an envelope (doesn't really matter what size) and cut a large triangle out of it. I'm sorry but you will have to refer up to the 1st picture for this one seeing as I don't know how to explain this!
2)cut a smaller triangle out of your decorative paper, using one of the corners.
3) cut small ish triangles out from your white paper to act as teeth. For my monster I cut up 5 triangles.
4) open up your monster and turn it round so the back is facing you. On the inside glue your monter's teeth (on the front panel), then Sellotape them so they stay in place. This is so all the mess is hidden inside your monster rather on the outside!
5)draw round your glue twice on your white piece of paper and cut the circles out.
6) draw round a smaller item twice, colour the circles you've drawn in black and cut them out.
7) stick the white eyes on first, then the black, then add the stickers on top, any eye design will work!
8) turn your monster over so the back is facing you and cut out another small triangle from the decorative paper.
9) stick it down and add a sticker on top. Try it out on a page of a book,notebook or journal, You're all done!
My second DIY are these adorable and useful pretty paperclips. I know they sound boring but woah normal paper clips are even more boring. Plus I hate handling and fondling around in my bag for loose papers so why not create these jazzy clips that will nicely hold your work together?
Again here is a collage and instructions are down below!
- a bigger decoration to act as the main topper for your paperclip. Decorations are easier to apply if they have the sticky bit on the back!! I used foamy plain hearts.
- paperclips... Of course?!
-multiple purpose pva glue
-other decoration of your choice, I used 2 designs of beaded pink hearts.
1) apply your bigger decoration to the back of your paperclip *note if you're making more than one pretty paperclip then apply the bigger decoration in the same place every time to look more professional.
2)seal the back with some Sellotape to ensure it stays properly
3)glue your second decoration on top of your bigger decoration, make sure you turn your paperclip to the front now!
4) press down firmly so it stays.
5) if you make any more, once you're done, leave them to fully dry.
6) happy using! :D
I hope you've enjoyed my simple school diys, if you wondered why my post took a little longer, it's because I had to think of a diy, make the diy and photograph every stage of these tutorials in good light (which is very hard in my house) and then apply them to a collage. No excuse I suppose, but I didn't realise how much work it actually was xx if any of you do decide to make these then I would love to see pictures and even hear comments of and about your own style monster munchers and pretty paperclips!
Happy creating xx
Lots of love