BeYOUties, we've all been there. Having to condense your make up collection to the bare essentials when packing for a vacation, and having an uneasy meltdown when you can't pick just one lipstick to take with you. Soon, I will be travelling far and wide, cruising in the middle of the ocean and after discovering I will be travelling by train to get to the ship this year and with hand luggage rules being greatly reduced recently, it's a bloody joke. I've had to pack all of my stuff in my beachbag.Not exactly ideal when you're definitely not used to travelling light. After managing to eventually pack the essentials-whilst being savvy with the products I have chosen, you will find out exactly what in a second, I was pretty darn proud of myself.
I have some very good tips on how to whittle down some goodies for that teeny tiny cosmetics bag you have there. All of these tips will apply for travelling by any mode of transport so please, continue reading ...
1) you see that "air" (as in aeroplane flying) holiday pun written on that cosmetics bag- I swear it was not intentional !! I like fact that this was see-through which is savvy for airport security checks and easy to access when in your beach bag or rucksack.
2) portable brush kit, each brush has its own place so you cannot loose or mislay a brush without noticing and the kit is compact and flat meaning you can easily slot it in your suitcase without extra weight or room necessary.
3) now this is a savvy one. Clinique "beyond perfecting" all-in-one concealer and foundation. Without the need for separate concealers and foundations clogging up your bag have a clever mix of both. It can be light for throughout the days and layered to be heavy during the evening.
4) A travel sized primer. The porefessional from Benefit is a classic, and with travel sized versions available they still last for a long time despite their decieving size and continue to be all the rage with youtubers even though they were released a while back.
5) Bobbi Brown face kit. With a decent sized blusher, concealer, powder and highlighter, there's no need for separate items when they can all be in one palette.
6) perfume samples. You can mostly collect these for free in pharmacies, free with a purchase or apply for them online. If all fails then purchase the travel sized perfume sets at the airport. Take two or three depending on the duration of your stay, it saves a lot of space and stops bottles from breaking.
7) Waterproof eyeliner. Stays on in water and is sweat proof too.
8) Waterproof mascara for the beach or swimming whilst still achieving those fluttery lashes.
9) Two eye shadow quads. One bright and one neutral for your different outfits during the days and nights. Most quads are compact, so slot in your makeup bag well and these Loreal ones have both shimmery and matte tones for variety.
10) Vaseline or a similar lip balm. Vaseline can double as most things, mostly for aiding lips but also for sun burn soothing, injury moisturising and more. Vaseline is a form of petroleum jelly which can be useful for multiple things so is always useful to take. If forgotten to be taken it's always sold worldwide.
11) 2 lipsticks. One neutral, one bold. To be worn in the day or at night whilst taking up not too much room. These nars ones look beautiful and always have good reviews so I'm pretty sure they will last for a long time. If you don't have room for two lipsticks, identify your outfits you have packed and choose which lipstick would go with most of them and still look suitable for the evenings too.You may even be able to squeeze in a third!
12) nars bronzer and blusher duo. To add to your natural tan you need a little bronzing for a healthy glow and this duo comes with another blusher for your makeup bag but this time is more shimmery and darker than the Bobbi brown one I talked about earlier. Nars packaging is always flat so will fit nicely in your cosmetics bag.
Want to update or be smarter with your travel makeup bag this year but don't know which products to buy this time out of all of them featured here? A pink love heart has been placed on my ultimate favourites of the bunch and most effective products below:
, by Natasha B