Pre-date pampering-1st of my Valentines series #TrueLoveWithTasha12:55
Ladies, it's time for my first Valentine series, which I know you have all been waiting for. This year, is my first, with the name of #TrueLoveWithTasha. And today, let's get started with some.....
Especially as it's near Valentine's Day and who doesn't like some pampering in a while, I thought we'd start early in our valentines preparations. You can do this every week leading towards valentines, before the date that special someone's been planning or simply because you want too. Don't forget to carry on doing this afterwards too :D
Below is my own pampering routine which you can follow or pick a few things from mine you'd like to adopt into your own pampering routine. If you don't have or are not able to do everything on my agenda, simply adapt it to suit you!
1) finish all homework I've received and get everything ready for the next day so I don't spend an entire evening worrying about what I have forgotten, instead of relaxing ;)
2) change out of my school uniform and get into comfy clothes and my cute fluffy sheep slippers!! *not embarrassed, I'm a cool kid*
3) take any makeup off and carefully put a face mask on. My favourite is the Soap and Glory "no clogs allowed". I believe boots are doing a special offer on this at the moment so bag it while you can :D
4)light a few candles here and there, just remember to not set the house on fire! I particularly like the look of this Ted Baker one above.
5)run a steamy bubble bath and add a gorgeous smelling bath bomb from lush. Sometimes I also sprinkle a few bath crystals on top too!
6) spend a fair time on washing and I prefer using the whole collection of the same smelling bath range. My favourite at the moment is the Bath and Body works 'warm vanilla sugar'. ( I use the whole collection, as I don't like merging smells from different brands and plus who doesn't like the sound of warm vanilla sugar?)
7)when half an hour or so in the bath has gone by, I say a sad farewell to my bath bomb and step out of the bath. I dry myself and then finish up with my body lotion, deodrant and perfume.
8) time for my face mask to come off and to start my facial routine (hint to what a future post may be). I use the elemis fresh skin collection for this.
9) I then run a very shallow bath for my feet to act as a pedicure.I still use bubble bath but also add hand/foot cream to the water and bath crystals once more. I will first soak my feet and scrub them etc. I will then paint my toenails.
10) normally I like to plait my hair, so the next day my hair will be curly without the use of heat. If I decide to not wash my hair this evening, I wish soak my hair in water, split it into two equal sections and braid it normally.
11) make sure to do this step after doing anything to your hair as it involves nail varnish! I will put the plug into the sink and follow the same steps as I did for my pedicure. Add bubble bath, hand cream and bath cyrstals. I then soak my hands and fingers, giving them a soft baby like texture and to soften the nail beds and will then accomplish a french manicure.
12) when all is done, I will go into my bedroom and turn on fairy lights and collect blankets to make a cosy feel. This is for bed, later on.
13) I will then go downstairs and make myself a snack and drink. For my drink I usually use plain cold water (or flavoured) and add ripe fruit to it, so they collect at the bottom. For my snack it really depends on what I'm craving!!
14) when finished, I will go back up into my bedroom and shut the door. I will most likely blog, email, instagram or watch youtube. Basically I just catch up on the world.
15) when time has ticked on and there's nothing else to do on my iPad, I may reada little just to get me sleepy and in the mood for bed.
16) sweet dreams xxx
I hope this has inspired you or helped you decide what to do on your next pampering evening. I try and do one of these for myself every month as they are very time consuming but worth it! I do a shorter version every Sunday though :)
Until next time for the 2nd of my #TrueLovewithTasha
Lots of love